Training Centre Guidelines
Guidelines for training centers to be recognized by IAGES
Following is required for basic laparoscopic training centre.
- Medical college/ Hospital / Nursing Home Minimum Beds: 20-30
- Patient Material and Laparoscopic work
- Lecture room for theoretical lectures and video sessions
- Models for Training/Animal Lab
There needs to be at least one pelvitrainer. An animal lab is preferred but not mandatory.
- Video Library
Video Cassettes / CD ROMs: 100 basic procedures & 50 advanced procedures.
- Laparoscopic reference books
10 reference books (latest) and 2 subscription for laparoscopic journals.
- Recognized preceptors (1-2 in number) or may be group practice.
Requirements of preceptor
- MS Surgery
- Member of IAGES -5 years.
- Laparoscopic surgery & conventional surgery, minimum 5 years experience in each system
- Academic contribution in field of laparoscopic surgery (Published articles / papers, guest lectures, paper presentations)
- Competent in his/her efforts to teach the surgeons.
- Adequate equipment
Medical grade camera, Medical grade video monitor, light source cable, telescope, insufflator, video recorder, routine major surgical set of instruments, boyles apparatus,
Ventilator, UPS system
- Indoor facilities in the hospital / nursing home.
- Anaesthetic facilities including pulse oximeter, capnograph
- Adequate staff , Theatre assistant, staff nurses
Time of inspection
Receipt of applications in prescribed format: -Till 31st July
Inspection Date - In September or October
Inspection Committee Members
Zonal Vice- President/Member
IAGES Non EC member from the Zone
The traveling expenses and local expenditure will be born by the centre to be inspected.
Detailed course contents/syllabus/schedule (day wise) to be sent and should be approved by the IAGE5 committee.